How is it that you can get golfer’s elbow or tennis elbow, even if you’ve never golfed or picked up a racket?
Elbow pain affects almost 3 million Americans, so chances are you know someone who experiences elbow pain or are someone who suffers with it yourself.
Common treatment strategies like steroids, bracing, or nerve stimulation may passively address pain, but don’t fix the underlying movement issue that contributed to the injury in the first place.
And, like with most things, having a better understanding of the anatomy of what’s actually going on will help you decide the next best step for you.
So if you have forearm or elbow pain, or have noticed that your grip strength isn’t what it used to be, then today’s episode is for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Why you don’t have to play any sports to have tennis or golfer’s elbow
- The role repetitive movement plays
- And how massage and building forearm strength can help get rid of pain
- Forearm fix video (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Improve Grip Strength with Hanging (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Forearm stretches for elbow pain (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Therapeutic Effects of Manual Therapy on Lateral Epicondylitis: A Randomised Controlled Trial
- A Comparison Study of the Effects of Massage Therapy with and without Ultrasonic Therapy in Medial Epicondylitis (Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, 2011)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at www.mobilitytoolkit.co
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com