Have you ever woken up with a stiff neck and wondered if there was some magic grail of pillows that would prevent it?
You spend 1/3 of your life asleep – but do you actually need a bunch of fancy (and probably overpriced) pillows to keep you out of pain while you sleep?
I hate to break it to you, but how you feel in the morning has less to do with your sleep position and everything to do with how you’re moving throughout the day.
But there are some things you can do to improve your sleep posture so you can wake up feeling refreshed.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The importance of sleep position
- The relationship between pain and sleep quality
- Why waking up feeling achy has more to do with how you’re moving (or not moving) during the day
- And how to get your best night of pain-free sleep ever
- The Relation of Trouble Sleeping, Depressed Mood, Pain, and Fatigue in Patients with Cancer (Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 2009)
- Sleep Disturbance in Patients With Chronic Low Back Pain
- Comparison of self-reported pain intensity, sleeping difficulty, and treatment outcomes of patients with myofascial temporomandibular disorders by age group: a prospective outcome study
- Movement is not exercise and how I weave recovery into my day (AE Wellness YouTube)
- 10 Minute Meditation – How to Meditate with Mindfulness and Breathing (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Best Upper Back Mobility and Upper Back Stiffness Exercise (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Calm App for meditation and sleep stories
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community:
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com