Plantar fasciitis, neuromas, heel spurs, Achilles tendinitis – there are a lot of different ways to have foot pain.
And while addressing issues in those areas specifically is important, one joint you probably aren’t addressing is your big toe.
Flexibility in your big toe is non-negotiable for walking. But the human body is super efficient and will work around it if it’s lacking, leaving you with stiff and grouchy feet.
So if you struggle with pain in your feet, knees, ankles, or hips – today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The basics of foot anatomy
- Common causes of big toe pain
- How strength and mobility in your big toe can affect your gait
- Foot Pain Fix – 6 day of my favorite exercises
- Strengthen your Big Toe for Foot and Ankle Stability (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Foot and Ankle Stretch for Top of Foot Pain (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Help for High Heel Hell + Foot Pain Relief (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Pain in the…Big toe
- Gait (Physiopedia)
- The Real Function of the Big Toe (Breaking Muscle)
- Multi-Segmental Motion in Foot during Counter-Movement Jump with Toe Manipulation
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community:
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com