I used to think electrolytes were only needed if you were doing a super hard workout, but since i’ve been supplementing with them, I’ve been feeling great.
Which has me wonder – do you need electrolytes or can you get rehydrated from water alone?
Because you can get hydration in a million different forms – gels, pre-mixed drinks, sparkling beverages, powders and more. And it’s totally overwhelming.
So today, we’re talking about all things electrolytes because dehydration is about more than just drinking water.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The function of electrolytes in the human body
- Different types of electrolyte imbalance
- And how to know if you need more electrolytes
- The Beverage Hydration Index: Influence of Electrolytes, Carbohydrate and Protein (Nutrients, 2021)
- Hydration and cooling in elite athletes: relationship with performance, body mass loss and body temperatures during the Doha 2019 IAAF World Athletics Championships (British Journal of Sports Medicine, 2021)
- Effects of electrolytes on endurance of middle-school girls: a prospective study (Journal of Public Health and Emergency, 2018)
- Electrolyte imbalances in patients with severe coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) (Sage Journals, 2020)
- Diagnosis and management of postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome: A brief review (Journal of Geriatric Cardiology, 2012)
- [Electrolyte Imbalance – Cleveland Clinic](https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/symptoms/24019-electrolyte-imbalance#:~:text=What is an electrolyte imbalance,fluids like blood and urine.)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community:
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com