Is it better to sit or stand for work? Maybe you have a sit/stand combo desk that allows you to do both. Or maybe you’ve been looking at getting a treadmill so you can spend your workday moving.
If you’ve heard the phrase “sitting is the new smoking” and now you’re wondering how to keep working without having a negative impact on your physiology and mobility…
I’m here to tell you all is not lost. You don’t have to invest in a super expensive treadmill desk or just give up all hope and continue to sit.
There is a middle ground 🙈
So if you’ve been wondering what the difference is between sitting and standing and if you really need that fancy treadmill desk, then today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The physiological differences between sitting and standing
- If you really need a fancy treadmill desk
- And how breaking up your sitting can have a positive impact on your metabolic health
- Join me for the 2023 Movement Mavens Retreat! www.aewellness.com/retreat/
- Adding movement and recovery to your day (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Sedentary behaviour and health in adults: an overview of systematic reviews (Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 2020)
- The effects of standing desks within the school classroom: A systematic review
- Classroom Standing Desks and Sedentary Behavior: A Systematic Review (American Academy of Pediatrics, 2016)
- Does a Classroom Standing Desk Intervention Modify Standing and Sitting Behaviour and Musculoskeletal Symptoms during School Time and Physical Activity during Waking Time? (International Journal of Public Health, 2018)
- CDC Maps America’s High Levels of Inactivity
- Sedentary Lifestyle: Overview of Updated Evidence of Potential Health Risks (Korean Journal of Family Medicine, 2020)
- Physiological and health implications of a sedentary lifestyle. (Applied physiology, nutrition, and metabolism, 2010)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at www.mobilitytoolkit.co
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com