When it comes to joint pain, whether it’s chronic or from a new sprain – the first tool I grab is always my mobility floss.
But when I first learned of mobility flossing (aka voodoo bands), I gave it the side eye and dropped it in my basket of tools, thinking I probably wouldn’t use it much.
And then I sprained my ankle – a full-out bruised all along the bottom and not able to walk right sprain.
It was the daily use of the mobility floss (not ice!) that got me back to walking relatively pain-free in just a few days.
So grab yourself some Mobility Floss and enjoy today’s episode!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- How to use mobility floss and why flossing isn’t just for your teeth
- What compression tissue flossing is and how it can reduce pain and improve mobility
- And how to incorporate muscle flossing into your mobility routine
- Join me for the 2023 Movement Mavens Retreat! www.aewellness.com/retreat/
- Benefits of Resistance Training with Blood Flow Restriction in Knee Osteoarthritis (Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 2019)
- Effects of blood flow restriction (BFR) with resistance exercise on musculoskeletal health in older adults: a narrative review (European Review of Aging and Physical Activity, 2022)
- Changes of Ankle Dorsiflexion Using Compression Tissue Flossing: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis (Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 2020)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at www.mobilitytoolkit.co
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com