Are you dealing with wrist pain? If so, you’re not alone as almost 25% of US adults have experienced it at some time.
And while it’s common in people with physically demanding jobs, it can affect anyone.
On this week’s episode, we’re talking about all things wrist pain, including different injuries and conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome, ganglion cysts, and Kienbock disease and the treatments to help.
We’ll also (sadly) talk about how our smartphone addiction might be contributing to wrist pain. I know I’m 100% in the fully addicted camp, so this was not welcome news 😭
So if you’re curious about what’s causing your hand or wrist pain, and what types of exercises you can do to reduce it? Then today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Common causes of hand and wrist pain
- The difference between carpal tunnel syndrome, ganglion cysts, and Kienbock disease
- The best mobilizations and activations to help reduce wrist pain
- Wrist pain: a systematic review of prevalence and risk factors– what is the role of occupation and activity? (Biomedical Central, 2019)
- The association between smartphone addiction and thumb/wrist pain (Medicine, 2020)
- Forearm Stretches for Elbow Pain (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Wrist and Elbow Pain Relief w/ Self Massage (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Improve Grip Strength with Hanging (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Join me for the 2023 Movement Mavens Retreat! www.aewellness.com/retreat/
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com