Are you tired of feeling like your feet are trapped in a pair of foot coffins all day? Crocs, flip flops, Danskins, Converse – everyone seems to have an opinion on what the best type of shoe is for people with foot pain.
Instead of just recommending a bunch of brands that may or may not work for you, I want to empower you with the knowledge to choose the best type of shoe for yourself.
Because the minimal and barefoot style shoe world has come a long way from the five-finger Vibrams. Believe it or not, you can now be stylish while also improving your walking pattern, improving balance, and dynamic stability.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- How traditional shoes restrict normal foot and ankle mobility
- How to shop for minimalist shoes (and what to look for)
- The best way to break in new shoes without getting hurt
- Modifications in lower leg muscle activation when walking barefoot or in minimalist shoes across different age-groups, Gait & Posture. 2018
- Walking barefoot vs. with minimalist footwear – influence on gait in younger and older adults. BMC Geriatr 20, 88 (2020)
- Barefoot Shoes and Style – Anya’s Reviews
- Flux Footwear | use code BODYNERD10 to save – www.aewellness.com/flux/
- Earth Runner sandals
- Join me for the 2023 Movement Mavens Retreat! www.aewellness.com/retreat/
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at www.mobilitytoolkit.co
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com