Sweating is an absolute superstar when it comes to keeping our bodies healthy and happy. Not only does it regulate our body temperature, but it also protects the skin against infections and helps clear out environmental toxins and cellular waste.
I’m 100% pro-sweating. So much so that I have a sauna bag that I use a few times a week, that heats up to a toasty 160˚F!
But let’s face it, sweating gets a bad rap. You might feel embarrassed or self-conscious about how much you sweat when in reality, it’s a completely normal bodily function with amazing benefits. By understanding the science behind sweating, we can embrace and appreciate it even more.
Whether you’re someone who’s worried about sweating too much or you’re simply interested in learning more about how your body works, this episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at www.aewellness.com/mavens
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Why we sweat
- How it boosts immunity and helps clear the body of toxins
- And why you should embrace your body’s ability to regulate temperature
- Human Elimination of Organochlorine Pesticides: Blood, Urine, and Sweat Study. Biomed Res Int. 2016
- Physiology of sweat gland function: The roles of sweating and sweat composition in human health. Temperature (Austin). 2019
- The in Vitro Immune-Modulating Properties of a Sweat Gland-Derived Antimicrobial Peptide Dermcidin. Shock. 2016.
- Higher Dose Sauna Blanket
- LMNT Electrolyte supplement
- Join me for the 2023 Movement Mavens Retreat! www.aewellness.com/retreat/
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at www.mobilitytoolkit.co
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher | RSS | Google Play | Spotify
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com