If you’re like most of us who spend long hours in front of a computer, you’ve probably heard about blue light-blocking glasses being the ultimate solution to dry eyes, eye strain, headaches and more.
But let’s be honest, with all the hype surrounding these glasses, it’s easy to wonder if they’re worth investing in or just another gimmick.
As a self-proclaimed blue blocker enthusiast, I have to admit that even I was surprised by what I discovered in my research about blue light and eye strain.
Is it the blue light specifically that’s causing the issue or simply staring at screens in general?
So, if you’re someone who has blue blockers saved in your cart and are wondering if they’re worth the investment, today’s episode is for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The science of blue light and why it’s essential for your body
- How to work with screens without experiencing eye strain
- Whether blue blocker glasses are as effective as they’re made out to be
- Help for Neck and Shoulder Pain Workshop – use code blueLIGHT to save 40%!
- A double-blind test of blue-blocking filters on symptoms of digital eye strain. Work 65.2 (2020)
- Does blue light filter improve computer vision syndrome in patients with dry eye. Life Science Journal 11.6 (2014)
- The coevolution of blue-light photoreception and circadian rhythms. Journal of Molecular Evolution 57 (2003)
- AMBER LENSES TO BLOCK BLUE LIGHT AND IMPROVE SLEEP: A RANDOMIZED TRIAL. Chronobiology International 26.8 (2009)
- Effect of evening blue light blocking glasses on subjective and objective sleep in healthy adults: A randomized control trial. Sleep Health. 2021
- Blue blocker glasses impede the capacity of bright light to suppress melatonin production. Journal of pineal research 41.1 (2006)
- A Double-blind Test of Blue-blocking Filters on Symptoms of Digital Eye Strain. 1 Jan. 2020
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com