If you’ve ever searched for plantar fasciitis and foot pain, you’ve probably been hit with an overwhelming amount of advice to stretch your calves and ice the area. But let’s be real, these methods may give you temporary relief, but they’re not going to fix the root of the problem.
Rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE) have been the traditional go-to for treating pain but science has yet to show that icing makes a significant change to injuries once they’ve passed the 48-hour mark.
Stretching and icing are just band-aid solutions for healing injuries, especially when it comes to plantar fasciitis and chronic pain.
So if you’ve been struggling with pain and traditional methods haven’t been helping – today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Why stretching and icing aren’t enough when it comes to healing injuries
- How stretching may actually be doing more harm than good if you’re hypermobile
- How to address the root cause of foot pain for lasting relief.
- Plantar Fasciitis 101: Why your feet hurt and what to do [FREE WORKSHOP]
- The pathomechanics of plantar fasciitis. Sports Med. 2006
- The use of ice in the treatment of acute soft-tissue injury: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials.” The American journal of sports medicine 32.1 (2004)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com