I’ve always been fascinated by the human body, how it works, and more importantly, what happens when it doesn’t.
So when I had the opportunity to step back into the anatomy lab after college, I was beyond excited. And to be honest, those 6 days forever transformed how I approach mobility and think about the human body.
In this week’s episode, we’re covering all things anatomy – from my anatomy lab experience to the fascinating world of cadavers, including their use in everything from education to research.
So whether you’re an anatomy nerd, body nerd, or just think the human body is cool – today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The history of cadavers and anatomical studies
- How cadavers help us learn about the human body (beyond just medical training)
- And my experience in the anatomy lab
- Plantar Fasciitis 101: Why your feet hurt and what to do [FREE WORKSHOP]
- The pathomechanics of plantar fasciitis. Sports Med. 2006
- The use of ice in the treatment of acute soft-tissue injury: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials.” The American journal of sports medicine 32.1 (2004)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com