We’re all too familiar with how media, fashion, advertising, and the fitness industry can make us feel less confident about our amazing bodies. So today – we’re diving deep into the world of cellulite.
Despite the substantial investments made in its treatment, the research landscape is a wild ride, with more focus on remedies than actually understanding its root cause.
Cellulite is not a problem to be fixed, but rather a natural part of your body’s tissue layers. And by delving into the connection between fascial health and cellulite’s appearance, you’ll gain valuable insights into caring for your body.
So if you’re concerned about cellulite, today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The science of cellulite and what it is
- Latest cellulite research
- And what your fascial health has to do with the appearance of cellulite
- Cybil’s Website – csolyn.com
- Cybil is @skinfitnessexpert on IG
- Circadia Professional Firming and Shaping Gel
- The Body Nerd Show Episode 17: What’s Fascia Got to Do With It?
- The Anatomical Basis of Cellulite Dimple Formation: An Ultrasound-Based Examination
- Anatomical study of superficial fascia and localized fat deposits of abdomen (Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery)
- Cellulite isn’t Real. This is How it was Invented. (Refinery 29)
- Scientific American – Is Cellulite Forever? ****
- Treatment for Cellulite (International Journal of Women’s Dermatology)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Get $20 off when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com