Discover the surprising connection between your low back pain and your pelvic floor in this eye-opening episode. Dealing with nagging discomfort can be frustrating, especially when the usual remedies like stretching and heat only offer temporary relief.
But here’s something you might not know: your pelvic floor could be playing a role in your low back pain, and it’s not just a topic for postpartum.
We all have important muscles at the base of our pelvis that contribute to core and spinal stability.
So if you’ve been pushing through back pain without exploring what’s happening in your pelvis? This episode will be a game-changer for you.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Why your low back pain might be related to your pelvic floor
- The anatomy of the pelvic floor
- Why working on the muscles of the hip and pelvis can help your low back feel better
- The Role of the Obturator Internus Muscle in Pelvic Floor Function ( Journal of Women’s Health Physical Therapy)
- Association between lumbopelvic pain and pelvic floor dysfunction in women: A cross sectional study (Musculoskeletal Science and Practice)
- Low Back Pain and Pelvic Floor Disorders (Physiopedia)
- Assessment of pelvic floor muscle function in women with and without low back pain using transabdominal ultrasound (Manual Therapy)
- How to Find Neutral Pelvis and Spine (AE Wellness YouTube)
- Glute and Hamstring Warmup (AE Wellness YouTube)
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/aewbodynerds/
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Get $20 off when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com