Building strength in a safe and sustainable way will get you out of pain.
But how does building strength actually work? And will you immediately “bulk up” like a bodybuilder?
Well, in this brand spanking new episode of the Body Nerd Show, we’re diving into the physiology of building strength. Because, if you’re anything like me, understanding the WHY behind how something works makes it a lot easier to get excited about it.
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The anatomy of muscles and how they work
- How exercise actually builds strength
- How to keep building strength without being stuck in the same routine
- The Effect of Weekly Set Volume on Strength Gain: A Meta-Analysis. Sports Med. 2017
- How does exercise make your muscles stronger? | Scientific American
- [7 Different Types of Strength and Their Benefits | ACE Fitness](https://www.acefitness.org/resources/pros/expert-articles/5495/7-different-types-of-strength-and-their-benefits/#:~:text=From a physiological perspective%2C strength,to achieve a specific outcome.)
- Join me for the Movement Mavens Retreat! www.aewellness.com/retreat/
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Get $20 off when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com