Can blue light blocking glasses help prevent migraines? For many people who suffer from migraines, sensitivity to light (aka photophobia) is a debilitating piece of the migraine experience.
To answer this question, we have to understand a little bit more about how your eyes work, the role blue light plays, and the nerdiest of nerdy cells in your eye – ipRGCs.
While the science might not have definitive proof on blue light blockers and migraines, I know there are many people who have found blue light-coated lenses to be super helpful. But do they actually work and are they worth it?
So whether you’re a seasoned migraine warrior or just curious to learn more about blue light blockers and how they work – today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- The connection between migraines and blue light
- If blue light blocker glasses are a valid preventative for migraines
- And the 3rd type of cell in your eye that you’ve never heard about
- Thin-film optical notch filter spectacle coatings for the treatment of migraine and photophobia.” Journal of Clinical Neuroscience 28 (2016)
- Phototransduction in ganglion-cell photoreceptors. Pflugers Arch – Eur J Physiol 454, 849–855 (2007)
- Diagnosis, pathophysiology, and treatment of photophobia. Survey of ophthalmology 61.4 (2016)
- Join me for the Movement Mavens Retreat! www.aewellness.com/retreat/
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Get $20 off when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com