Are you curious about collagen powder and whether it lives up to the hype?
In this week’s episode of the Body Nerd Show, we’re diving deep into the world of collagen, including exploring what it is, the various types, and most importantly the science behind collagen supplementation.
How much should you take if you want to reduce joint pain? Or reduce aging?
I’ll be honest – I went into this knowing that collagen works but was really surprised at all the ways research has found it helps!
But it makes sense when you consider that collagen makes up 25% of all protein in your body.
I’m all about providing you with evidence-based information so you can make informed decisions about the best next steps for yourself – and today is no different.
So whether you currently supplement with collagen, are thinking about it, or just like to get nerdy – today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- Does collagen powder actually work?
- How much collagen to supplement with to improve joint health
- And how collagen is needed to improve skin elasticity and hydration from within
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides Powder (the one I use)
- Hip Mobility Basics Workshop – LIVE January 8, 2024
- Effects of hydrolyzed collagen supplementation on skin aging: a systematic review and meta‐analysis. International Journal of Dermatology 60.12 (2021)
- The effects of collagen peptide supplementation on body composition, collagen synthesis, and recovery from joint injury and exercise: a systematic review. Amino Acids 53.10 (2021)
- Influence of caffeine and hyaluronic acid on collagen biosynthesis in human skin fibroblasts. Drug Des Devel Ther. 2014.
- Join me for the next Movement Mavens Retreat! www.aewellness.com/retreat/
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Get $20 off when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com