The internet is filled with fitness myths that promise quick fixes and magical solutions. From the carnivore diet to the “best exercise to make shredded abs!” – there’s a lot of 💩 out there.
So when UK-based Michael Ulloa (@michaelulloapt) came through my feed calling out lies on the internet – I knew I wanted to be friends and have him on the show.
Michael is a personal trainer and performance nutritionist with a unique talent for making health advice accessible and empowering for everyone, regardless of their fitness background.
And while we could have gone through the myths line by line, I wanted to empower you with your own BS detector.
So whether your feed is filled with the carnivore diet or some other nonsense – if you’re ready to bust some myths, today’s episode is for you!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- How to spot BS on the internet
- Why “it depends” is the best phrase to look for
- How to bridge the gap between fitness professionals and regular people just wanting to move better and feel better
- Michael’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/michaelulloapt/
- Get Fit with Michael program: https://www.getfitwithmichael.com/
- Join me for the next Movement Mavens Retreat! www.aewellness.com/retreat/
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Get $20 off when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com