Things don’t always feel the same after an injury.
Let’s say you sprain your ankle, and after a few months you notice your back starts hurting. They couldn’t be connected… right?
Your body is super smart and efficient. Andd it will do everything it can to get you from point A to Z with the least amount of energy possible.
Even if that means creating wonky movement patterns that cause issues (aka compensation patterns).
Today, I’m joined (again) by body nerd Holly Middleton, a former competitive dancer turned movement coach and physiotherapy assistant with a PhD in biology.
Whether or not you’re currently dealing with an injury, this episode is fascinating (and absolutely nerdy). Can’t wait to hear what you think!
A little bit every day is enough to maintain your body so you can forget about soreness, tension and pain. Movement Mavens is the only program of it’s kind that not only teaches you how to maintain your body and move well, but also helps you craft your personalized plan so you can build sustainable strength, consistently. Learn more now at
What you’ll lean from this episode:
- What happens to tissues after an injury
- What compensation patterns are and why they can be so tricky to deal with
- How to help your brain and body reintegrate after an injury to restore pain-free movement
- Holly’s website: www.flowmovement.ca
- Holly on IG @flowmovementtherapy
- Find an Anatomy in Motion Practitioner near you – https://findingcentre.co.uk/
- 30 days to more strength + flexibility with the Mobility Mastery Toolkit
- Movement Mavens has the tools and strategy to support you on your path to enjoying life without pain – www.aewellness.com/mavens
- www.aewellness.com/podcast – Show notes, links and more.
- Join the free Body Nerds FB community:
- Come hang out with me on Instagram @hollaformala : https://instagram.com/hollaformala/
- TikTok @ aewellness
- Bodywork Starter Guide – learn the 6 places you need to roll right now for quick-relief, plus the reason why what you’ve tried so far has only given you a temporary fix. Download the guide for free now at www.aewellness.com/bodywork
- 818-396-6501 is the Body Nerd Hotline – how do you build consistency and/or where are you getting stuck? Drop me a line and let me know your body nerd hacks – you might just hear your voice on a future episode!
Today’s episode is brought to you by Mobility Mastery Toolkit. Forget icing and stretching – and get a simple program you can do on your own that actually works. The Toolkit includes 30-days of exercises so you know exactly what to do to improve the mobility of your hips, lower back, feet, neck and shoulders. With video demos and a full-body mobility workout calendar, you’re just 15-mins a day from feeling stronger and more flexible. Save 50% when you use the code MASTERY at
Music by: @dcuttermusic / http://www.davidcuttermusic.com