Raise your hand if you’ve ever had a shoulder injury – oh wait, you might not be able to raise your hand without clicking, popping or some other odd noise if you’ve ever injured your shoulders! The rotator cuff is one of the most commonly injured muscle groups in the shoulder, but how much do you really know about it? Did you know that the rotator cuff isn’t a muscle, but really a group of 4 different muscles?
Check out this episode of Anatomy with Alex: Rotator Cuff 101. You’ll learn everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the rotator cuff, including:
- Bony anatomy of the shoulder
- Soft tissue structures in the shoulder
- How posture sets the shoulders up for injury
- Role of the rotator cuff
- Other shoulder injuries
- How to improve posture to prevent injury
Make sure you tune into my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/aewellness) every Wednesday at 3:15pm PST for regular installments of Anatomy with Alex!
Lingering questions? Post them in the comments below!
- January 14-15: Treat While You Train at 24 Hr Fitness(Walnut Creek, CA)
- January 21-22: Treat While You Train at 24 Hr Fitness (Kissimmee, FL)
- February 3-5: YTU Integrated Embodied Anatomy Training (Poulsbo, WA)
- February 10: Friday Night Roll + Relax (Glendale, CA)
- February 13 – March 20: Structurally Sound Small Group Series (Burbank, CA)